Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Next Thing- maybe

So, as the weather is warming and being outside is a blessing after a cold winter, I am finding myself drawn to flyfishing. I really like the simplified style of Tenkara, which is a traditional japanese style of flyfishing in which a rod is used that does not have a reel. This is a video on www.tenkarausa.com that explains what it is all about.



Tenkara fly-fishing from Tenkara USA on Vimeo.


I think I may have a utopia type imagination of a morning of flyfishing on a warm day with a slight breeze that gently cools. I imagine hearing the stream flowing and birds chirping reminding me what a glorious day this is. In my head a deer would come to the water's edge for a drink and then bound off effortlessly into the forest while a butterfly would land on my shoulder. Maybe a fair maiden (that is really a forgotten princess) would be singing to the rabbits and squirrels somewhere off in the distance. Then a cooler with a couple of growlers of High Desert beer would magically appear ....


...with pint glasses in which the beer is slowly poured. Then the moisture would condensate on the outside of the glass and a few drops would get big enough to slowly drip down the side and silently yell "enjoy me to the fullest!" This, of course, would be followed by a lunch of fresh grilled trout...


 ...and fresh fruit and a short nap in the woods, streamside. Now that my disney-esque slash beer-loving fantasy is complete, I must return to reality and admit that I need another hobby about as much as I need another hole in my head.

So.....

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it looks lіke youг sіte ate my first cоmment (it wаs extremely long) so
    I guеsѕ I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm
    thoroughly enjoying your blοg. I too am аn asрiring blog writеr
    but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for rookie blog writers? I'd ԁefinitеly appreciate іt.
    Dabber.com

    ReplyDelete