Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Running in the snow

Well, I have to be honest. This is my first run of the year. I'm not counting the vomit inducing run in NM that really turned into a long walk.
So coming back to Missouri, I also came back to highs in the 20's and snow. Currently there is about 8"-10" in my town. Being a longtime desert dweller my running gear consisted of some fivefingers, short, and a few t's that do double duty for backpacking. Well no more, I geared up for winter running. I have to say running through snow is hard work. I often welcome things that are new and different and tonight's experience did not disappoint. Mind you I only covered about a mile and a half, remember I haven't done much running really since October, but it was a fun and exhilarating mile and a half.
Ness, the dog, loved it. I was surprised to see a short haired pitbull frolic in the snow, but it just added to the feeling of excitement and fun. We'll see about the next time once the newness has worn off.
Winter running gear?
<ul>Ex-O briefs
Smartwool socks
NB MT101s
MH transition pants
Patagonia cap2 shirt
Salomon swift midlayer (very nice by the way )
Merino buff
OR fleece gloves
Sheesh- that a lot!</ul>
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment